General Electric Statutory to Tax Specialist in Cairo, Egypt
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE, we are always searching for great talent. While we might not have a specific job for you today, we want to know about you when we do. As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity
Support the Statutory processes standards and financial compliance for several countries, prioritizing results and seeking to drive organizational transformation, process improvement and automatization, for a long term and structured growth
• Responsible for implementation and standardization of Statutory processes in the region
• Work on time reduction on acquisitions integrations
• Review, validate and establish the procedures with the local statutory process leaders to ensure proper application of Local and US GAAP.
• Support process improvements, especially reconciliation and preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
• Assist to coordinate process changes for the region enabling system and processes consistency.
• Provide risk analysis for possible changes
• Assure Statutory process controllership
• Supervise progress of audits recommendations and help coordinate corporate review sessions.
• Improve quality of customer support
• Advise in service proposals
• Measure and minimize region-specific process variations
• 4-7 Years of experience
• High degree of proficiency of Local GAAP and US GAAP knowledge
• Demonstrated experience in project management
• Strong controllership analytical skills – able to link financial results to operational performance drives
• Experience leading cross-functional projects / process improvement within operations / finance function
• GE ops system / routines
• Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
• Customer Orientation
- Ability to build good partnership with all stakeholders in the processes
• Team Leadership
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills
• Support a positive environment despite constant changes
• Strategic, visionary and inclusive skills
- Good ability to stay updated with market trends and external changes to incorporate knowledge in our internal processes
• Good dealing with ambiguity and a non-structured environment
• Must be willing to travel a minimum of 30% of the time
Locations: Egypt; Cairo
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.