Marriott Hygiene Specialist in Egypt, Egypt
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we ve got on property and off. When guests stay with us, it s not just a room with a bed that they re buying. It s an experience. We re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
- Carry out a Hazard analysis; identify the food safety hazards and the appropriate control measures
- Determine the critical control points (CCPs)
- Establish the critical limits for each CCP.
- Establish monitoring procedures to ensure that the critical limits at each CCP are being met
- Establish corrective actions to be taken whenever monitoring incident that the critical limits are not being met
- Verify the HACCP plan and validate the CCPs
- Ensure that a record keeping systems is in place for traceability and due diligence purpose.
- Hand washing procedure is followed by the food handlers
- Gloves are worn whenever ready-to-foods are prepared
- Hands cuts, sores and infections are covered with blue waterproof dressing and gloves.
- Nails are short and clean
- Jewelries are not worn in any food preparation area
- Uniforms are clean and changed whenever necessary
- Food handlers adhere to the personal hygiene policy
- Carry out a full investigation whenever a food complaint is received and procedure report to the General Manager and/or Deputy General Manager
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as when and required by your manager.
- Assist in all areas outside of above, as and when needed and / or requested.
- Ensure that food/water/ice samples are tested on a monthly basis by an accredited third-party laboratory and reports are kept on file
- Ensure that food samples are collected in a daily basis from the buffet and functions for 20 people or above
- Carry out calibration, on a regular basis, for the probe thermometers used by the receiver, kitchen and service associates.
- Ensure that the results are recorded and kept on file
- Coordinate the participation of the food handlers towards the essential food safety training program required by the local authority
- Ensure that the HACCP records for delivery, sanitation, of fruits and vegetables, storage, food thawing, temperature control for cooking /reheating/ blast chilling/hot holding/display/cold storage/dishwashing/outside catering, are completed on time by the concerned associates, kept on file, reviewed and signed
- Manage the Supplier Audit program by visiting the food suppliers with coordination of the Purchasing Manager and carry out safety audits within their premises.
- Complete the Audit report. Advise the suppliers on the areas that require improvement and request them to take appropriate actions within a specific period
- To provide in-house training for the food handlers
- To monitor the health condition of food handlers and to arrange medical examination or suspension of work where necessary.
- To ensure that the hotel is pest free by monitoring performance of pest control company.
- B.Sc. of VET Medicine, Food Hygiene Major
- Post Grad studies in Food Hygiene are recommended.
- Food Safety , HACCP, ISO 22000 certified
- Lead Auditor
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Requisition ID: 17001LZ4