General Electric Commercial Controller EGM & Africa in Various, Egypt
General Electric (150.2 billion dollars in revenue, with approximately 300,000 employees) is a leading global company with diversified activities in the field of industry, technology and services.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, performance improvement, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping clinicians around the world re-imagine new ways to predict, diagnose, inform, treat and monitor disease, so patients can live their lives to the fullest.
EGM & Africa Commercial Controller will partner with the business by providing technical accounting guidance and support on deal structures and commercial offerings. They will be responsible for driving best-in-class wing-to-wing commercial processes across all Healthcare modalities as it relates to key distribution cycle milestones such as opportunity management, quoting, order booking, revenue recording, and cash collection.
EGM & Africa Commercial Controller will own compliance with GE Healthcare revenue recognition policy as well as broader controllership policies and procedures in line w/ US GAAP.
• Support the EGM & Africa CFOs for commercial controllership aspects of the business, as well as the EGM and Africa Controllers and EMEA Commercial Controller
• Build strong relationships with finance and non-finance Commercial, Operational and Product teams, and be viewed as the “go-to” person for commercial decision-making
• Forge strong relationships with the Global Operations Finance Team to ensure accurate reporting
• Mentor & coach other team member(s) to create talent & pipeline
• Build strong relationships and provide support on commercial policies and revenue recognition in line with US GAAP to key business stakeholders, including Business Operations, Commercial Operations (Tenders & Offering and Sales), and Commercial finance
• Create awareness with Commercial & Business Operations on Commercial policies through training in local language
• Partner with GE Capital (HFS and WCS) on commercial related matters - deal financing, monetization programs
• Ensure the Business Finance Managers are connected with changes in the accounting organization and processes and maintain high service levels through liaison with the GE Global Operations team
• Work with Commercial Controllership COE to ensure compliance with Commercial policies and procedures
• Provide guidance to the Commercial teams when structuring complex deals to optimize the business outcome while safeguarding the company
• Drive accurate revenue recognition and orders reporting
• Review non-standard terms and conditions in line with Commercial Contracting Policy 5.0/6.0 and advise on accounting impact
• Ensure accurate accounting for all Commercial activities including but not limited to; concessions, penalties, guarantees, deferred charges, IIT and deferred revenue
• Review Commercial related Balance Sheet accounts for unusual or aged items. These include; accounts receivable, factoring, deferred revenue, deferred charges, ECA, non-inventory etc
• Review and approve BDR calculation
• Co-ordinate items of interest from a Commercial standpoint and lead the Commercial Representation Letter process
• Supporting the business with the roll out of ASC606 revenue recognition standard
• Help drive simplification initiatives across Products and Regions to reduce commercial process complexity and enable Operational teams to focus on more value-added customer facing tasks
• Provide leadership and actively participate in GE and GEHC corporate initiatives
Qualified Accountant with minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience OR Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field and 15 years of progressive accounting and finance experience
Demonstrates proficiency in U.S. GAAP, local GAAP and authoritative accounting literature (i.e. FASB pronouncements)
Leadership experience in a Global business environment and experienced in leading teams
Multi-country accounting/controllership experience
Capable of forging strong relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
Strong systems skills and aptitude
Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information and in different or unexpected circumstances
Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions
Experience working in a matrixed environment
Fluent in English, written and spoken
Locations: Egypt, Turkey, United Arab Emirates; Istanbul, Ankara, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Cairo
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.