Abt Associates Chief of Party in Egypt
The International Economic Growth Division manages projects that are pioneering new approaches to agriculture, food security, climate change, and competitiveness—as well as monitoring and evaluating projects within these sectors. We work throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East for chiefly governmental clients, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Abt Associates seeks candidates for the Chief of Party (COP) position for the anticipated five-year USAID-fundedEconomic Security, Regional Business, and Trade Development Project. The project will assist the government of Egypt undertake economic reforms, and to assist SMEs to build the capacity to take full advantage of new trade opportunities created by those reforms. The project aims to improve bilateral trade flows with trading partners, increase trade and export earnings, and attract business and investment to Egypt.
Applicants must demonstrate a record of results in trade, SME development and export development, as well as an ability to design and carry out project activities in collaboration with multiple stakeholders. The COP should possess the intellectual, leadership and management skills necessary to develop, articulate and implement a vision for the project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project
- Build a motivated, results-oriented team that is effective in organizing the work and coordinating with partners.
- Assure the timely delivery of assistance under the work plan and coordinate with senior technical staff to ensure sharing of relevant technical models, coordination of activities and quality control of the work.
- Coordinate with the DCOP to spend according to plan and ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
- Ensure clear communications with clients and stakeholders about project activities and accomplishments.
- Coordinate with monitoring staff to ensure timely and well-documented data collection, analysis, and reporting in support of the performance management plan.
- Represent Abt Associates and the project to USAID and in public settings.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Advanced Degree in Trade Facilitation, Economics, finance or related field with 10-15 years of experience.
- Five to ten years of progressively responsible experience in international development, ideally with SME development or trade facilitation, in addition to at least five years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with USAID (highly desired) or other similar donor programs, ideally interacting directly with the donor regarding programmatic, strategic communications, and contractual issues.
- Prior work experience in Egypt highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervision, problem-solving, and coordination skills.
- Language fluency in English required, Arabic preferred.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS CANNOT BE CHANGED
(10+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.