Fairmont General Cashier in Cairo, Egypt
The cashier position is accountable for error-free cash register operations, payment processing, and interactions with customers.
Hotel Overview: Overlooking one of Cairo’s most beautiful Nile views, Nile City Towers complex is a business destination claim to Egypt’s corporate success. Built on a total area of 16,000 sqm, Nile City Towers boasts a 170 meter Nile façade and its two towers are an anchor to an exclusive shopping center, upscale housing, a five-star hotel, 8-screen cinema and 4 floors of underground parking. The spectacular reception leads the way to 540 elegantly designed rooms, suites restaurants, bars and a health club the 25th floor with a comprehensive range of fitness facilities including a signature Willow Stream Spa as well as a sky-high swimming pool.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Accurately and efficiently operate cash registers
- Operate bar code scanning equipment
- Ensure that there is sufficient cash in the cash drawer
- Maintain correct cash balances at cash registers
- Sort, count and wrap coins and currency
- Process payments made with cash, checks, credit cards, and debit cards
- Process returns and exchanges
- Be aware of all promotions and advertisements that affect product prices
Communicate company policies and procedures to customers
Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Previous experience is an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be computer literate and embrace learning new software.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and other MS-Office suite products.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of hospitality accounting department procedures and willingness to assist in other accounting functions as assigned.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Cash Handling.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Experience with business writing as it relates to training documentation preferred.
- Must be willing to work an occasional weekend and/or holiday as needed.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Must be legally permitted to work in Egypt.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Egypt-Cairo-Fairmont Nile City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 28.Mar.2018, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: CAI01218