Mentor, A Siemens Business Quality Assurance Engineer - 6975 in Cairo, Egypt
Quality Assurance Engineer - 6975
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer - 6975
Job Location: Egypt - Cairo
Job Category: Software Quality Assurance
- Sponsors quality process and procedures throughout the entire product life cycle including inspections, code reviews, requirements, code coverage and quality improvement.
- Set expectations for product quality, create a plan to measure the expectations, and ensure execution of the plan.
- Accountable for the predictability of schedules and measuring progress to goals against objectives.
- Understands the level of quality required at different phases of the product life cycle and ensures that the product works in the customer intended environment. Works with customers, marketing, and/or Customer Support to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Record past verification and validation efforts to ensure reproducibility of results.
- Assesses technical capability of product, including ease of use, functionality, reliability, and serviceability.
- Testing product for defects and limitations, and boundaries (think of all the ways that a product might not work).
- Collaborates and coordinates as needed with global engineering and QA teams.
- Review functional and design specifications and other project documentation. Review internal and external product and release documentation and provide appropriate input to others, e.g. KPD, third party providers, etc.
- Coordinate efforts with SW Development and Release Team members to ensure quality software releases.
B.Sc./M.Sc. in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering.
Graduation Grade: Excellent or Very Good with Honor Degree
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in the electronic domain preferably testing and verification
- Good knowledge of scripting languages is a required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with MKT and R&D to understand software features and customer usage.
- Self-Motivated engineer with good capability for continuous learning.