Oceaneering SIS Trainee Technician in Cairo, Egypt
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering Inspection Division is a major provider of engineering, inspection and non-destructive testing services, with worldwide capability to the petrochemical, power generation, oil and gas and aerospace industries.
Carrying out Specialist Inspection on sites, both offshore and overseas. Supporting SIS Technicians, Engineers and Management as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform SIS NDT surveys on client sites.
- Preparing equipment, maintenance and QHSE (Oceaneering & Client) documentation.
- To further train and qualify in Standard and Non-Standard NDT disciplines.
- Assist SIS Engineers and Technicians in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Travel alone or as part of a team, to be self-sufficient and organised in pre job preparation, execution and post job activities including reporting and job file completion.
Safety Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Other Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems. Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company. Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Standard NDT Qualifications to Level 2 as a minimum
- Non-Standard qualifications as determined by SIS Management
- Four years’ experience and training with an Inspection organization, including Oil, Gas and Power Generation environments.
- Willingness to travel abroad and hold a full driving license
- HND or Degree Honors in an associated Engineering discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Computer Skills - Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, AutoCAD and Manufacturer specific software for advanced technologies.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training & development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Attendance & Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard or excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
This position is considered ONSHORE/OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors/outdoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, and work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
Wear PPE for skin protection
Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
Operate a motor vehicle
Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: SIS Trainee Technician
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Job ID: 12671
Full/Part Time: Full-Time